I need to find a tailor that understands…
Bespoke is ideal because of my not-so-factory-standard body shape. I’ve had stupid experiences so far with buying off the rack. I just haven’t found a tailor that has correctly measured for my proportions and keep giving me suggestion that I know will make me look RATCHET. Idk, it’s like they’re dumb or something. I know I don’t make it easy, but isn’t it your job? haha
Things I have learned:
- My chest is the least proportioned from the rest of my body so I think that’s why it’s so hard to find clothing that looks great. (Although I do have it easier than most bigger people)
- A more structured design could help with cleaner lines
- Short break for my short stature
- Keep the lines as long as I can
- I want a very low rise (no crotch space in the pants)
- I tend to keep the pants above my bellybutton. My skinny jeans look amazing on me because they stretch a little, but then it hugs in all the right places. It sounds really stupid, but it actually lengthens my look and is usually covered by a shirt or something anyways.
Things I need to know:
- How do slim fit suits work with my body?
- If I do keep the pants above the bellybutton, at what length should I get it?
- Do inseams change the proportion of the entire pant? Does the thigh get bigger from a 38X30 to a 38X32, or is it simply just longer?
- I found some really affordable ones from Zara, but again, I need to make sure they fit me.
- What can I do to minimize my chestt